Friday 22 February 2008

The Rain in Birmingham


Annoying and irritating

too bad its pouring

watery and slippery

my glasses go blurry


the rain comes without any sign

on a day that looks fine

with wind hitting me in my face

I get pushed forward at a fast pace


and then I just miss my bus

cud things get any worse

I get another and find a seat

oh dear its too wet to comfortably sit


I then get off at my stop

a woman ahead has her umbrella on the top

not a very good idea in the wind and rain

and upside down it goes until she has to strain


she moves to one side and den another

her umbrella being a very big bother

I laugh looking at her and next thing I know

my own umbrella begins to play up and I have to hold it low


I nearly walk into people

which is obviously alot of trouble

but theres nothing much that I can do

otherwise my own umbrella will be a funny U


so feeling frustrated at last

I put away my umbrella very fast

but as easy as it sounds it is not

its as if me and my umbrella had fought


in the end I finally win

and my umbrella is destined for the bin

for I try too hard to force it shut

and it breaks from the middle, and im holding it like a nut


feeling a little embarassed over the last second

I see an umbrella on the footpath and I reckon

its not only me having a rough time in the rain

its not an indian movie, we're not dancing on a train


but as I get near my home

I forget the rain and where it came from

for im busy looking at a beautiful rainbow

with nimbus clouds around it hanging very low


so although I still stand by the fact

that experiencing rain in birmingham is not a very fascinating act

a rainbow once in a while makes me stand in that very rain

and forget the tantrums I have of making rain a pain :)

11 comments:

Sayyeda said...

this poem on rain,
pertains
your disdain
but later explains
how vain
your complain
once a good domain
is obtain(ed)

This poem on rain
entertain(s)
my brain

Sayyeda said...

hmm.. I seem to be gettin the poetic vibe from your blog lol

Kulsum said...

hehehe good vibes indeed! thnks!

Sayyeda said...

'..I will try to respond
and we should correspond
For I am fond
of this bond
that is but beyond...'

Kulsum said...

wow well done
ure having sum fun
this poem cannot run
since next is ure turn

Sayyeda said...

......In my turn
......I yearn
......to earn
......and learn
......a concern
For now I pass u the urn

Kulsum said...

for now i say bye,
its nearly 2 am oh my!
another poem might just be by
next week or so i shall try :)

Sayyeda said...

I have a requisition
for abolition
of word verification
please heed my proposition
for a smooth transition/
If you fail to make this omission,
your evaluation
will be in bad condition

Anonymous said...

eeh hii poem mastt aiii...lol!i like the descriptions!

Unknown said...

Hmmmmmmmmmmm......kulz this poem is really good too.
Good rhyming and descriptions!!!
xx

Kulsum said...

thnks shahi and masu