Monday 26 January 2009

A long day multiplied by no sleep at 2 AM equals the product below...

It was nearly two in the afternoon. I was getting paranoid. I didn’t know what would happen when I’d see you. I just wanted this meeting to be over as soon as possible. After this, indeed would come my freedom.



I was seated on my own at a table in the corner when I saw you. You had your back towards me and I did not dare touch you. But nevertheless I kept looking at you wondering what you had in store for me today.

When finally I turned you towards me I was shocked. You looked a lot more different than what I had expected. You were much taller than what I was told and not at all what I was hoping for. Immediately I knew that this wasn’t going to be a good time.



You couldn’t talk to me and I didn’t feel like telling you anything. Still, you wanted me to answer your questions- the answers to which I had not. That’s because you asked me to explain certain things that I had never thought would be relevant for this day. Why did you do this? I was so prepared to tell you all that I thought but you never gave me a chance. You really were different. If only I would have been informed.



You weren’t fair even one bit. Surely this meeting couldn’t have been any worse? I sat there for one and a half hour trying hard to figure you out and I think you clearly enjoyed seeing me in this frustrated state, for every question that you asked, was progressively worse than the previous. To top it up, you knew that I wasn’t in a position to do much to you. It was like you had the upper hand and I did not like this tone of yours at all.



Indeed, I was glad when our time was up. But my freedom did not bring me the joy to the extent that I was hoping for. I wanted this to end in a nice way; amicably if you like. But seems like you didn’t want this to happen to me either. It’s over now and I try not to think about it; but whenever I do, I still think you let me down…I think you really did.





PS: For those of you who are getting worried for me, STOP. I am not undergoing any emotional saga in my life (Thank God for that!). All I’m doing is complaining about an exam I had recently, with an exaggerated expression instead of: ‘Ok this exam was hard!’ If that feels dodgy, go back and read it again: this time with an exam in mind! :)


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

kooll piece! lol wel u knw i dino der was a second page ;)

Kulsum said...

Thank you! lol i knew it, that's y i put it der...faar from your reach :P

Anonymous said...

hey its a fun to read such indirect poems...kewl 1 kuli...the ps helps u know...lol...

Sayyeda said...

I love the ambiguity in the start! It made it all very intriguing..

Kulsum said...

Thanks Anonymous and Sayyeda! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey!! I finally dropped by :)
Aww, about the exams, don't you worry at all...i'm sure it'll be just fine!? Still having exams? I'm back into the second sem, doing my final year project/dissertation.
Speak to you soon.
Rabab
xx

Kulsum said...

Hey Thnks for droppin by!:)
Exams were orite..the last one wasnt at all nice, but it was so non-pharm relevant,lol so even tho it dusnt bother me much, i was just lookin for a topic to rite on ...and this was the freshest thing in my mind! hehe!